I’m still not done with our master bedroom, but I’m getting there. I’ve got one wall left to paint, a little trim to touch up and some new hardware to install. Then the painting/updating/fixing/repairing part of the project is done. Next comes the really fun part, shopping!
So if Jeff (wink wink) let me go hog wild, this is what I would buy:
1. Organmi Crease Vase from Have You Met MIss Jones
2. Draper Stripe Shames from Dwell Studio – Just another piece of Dwell Studio linens to add to the bedding. I know that there is a lot of pattern going on already, but why stop there. I’d love to add these in replace of the white shams I currently have on the bed.
3. Perch Glass Lamp from West Elm – Bedside Table Lamp Part I
4. Alarm Clock with Yellow Hands from Braun
5. Ruperta Cushion from Fine Little Day – Total Love Fest
6. Industrial Task Desk Lamp from West Elm – Bedside Table Lamp Part II. I’m totally obsessed with this lamp, I want it, and I love it.
Remember, this is how my room is looking.
We have the bookshelf on the far wall and it brings a lot of color to the room, but the rest of the space is lacking a bit, and I’d like to bring some of those bright pops to other parts of the room with a few of the above accessories.
Photo Credit: SFGIRLBYBAY.com
I’ve been totally inspired by Victoria’s space in the above photo. I’m in love with the black and white and all the color. No matter how much I’d love to be one of those minimal types I just can’t go get down with a minimal palette in my own space. I want the bedroom to look grown up, but still not too serious.
Can’t wait to get this room done, it will be the first time we’ve really ever had a nice, put-together bedroom.
I am in love with that West Elm Industrial Task Desk Lamp too! Perfect bedside lamp.
My bedroom is in dire need of some sprucing up, and your series of posts about your bedroom are providing some much-needed inspiration. The problem is that our bedroom is an awful colonial blue that we’ve never painted over because we are in a giant attic bedroom with tons of nooks and crannies, and the task seems too daunting. However, I think a new color would transform the room. Maybe I’ll take the plunge and paint it this summer. Your space is looking good – can’t wait to see the end result.
Uh, I know you mean about your attic space. We have a 25 foot high area in our stairway that I can’t reach, I did however paint all the spots under 6 ft tall. It looks pretty silly now, and I have no idea how to finish it. I bet your attic room is super cute but painting it does sound daunting. Sometimes you gotta dive right in. Good luck, and thanks for stopping by!
Oh my gosh, I’ve been away so long and now reading through I feel like we’ve been working on all the same projects!! We’re just about finished with our room (http://www.janelletubbs.com/at5053/2012/04/01/the-finishing-is-finished/) and we made some garden boxes this week too! Crazy.